Acne is a tricky condition, acne outbreaks occur without any specified reason, and these most commonly occur during teenage years.
These could affect one’s confidence, make one feel down. Sometimes acne is mild, and goes away by itself with passage of time. And at other times, acne could be more severe.
Acne has an ineluctable tendency to surprise us.
Acne spots occur at random, at random times, and at times, at the least desirable times. You might have been waiting for your favorite party, or a get-together with the closest of friends, and you come to realize that you have acne. So that could be a little disheartening.
Then, the process to get over acne starts. One might try out some over the counter medications, hoping to get maximum results in minimum time…
Wouldn’t it be nice, if you had a way to steer clear of acne, and look you best, all day, and every day!
Here are some of the best ways to keep a check on occurrence of acne scars:
1. By reducing the consumption of refined carbs, such as chocolate, one could keep a check on acne.
When we have refined carbs, the production of insulin in our bodies is higher. And this triggers higher levels of release of hormones.
By inflaming the follicles, this can increase oil production, and cause acne.
2. Avoiding seafood is a way which is sure to work for getting over acne, as some types of seafood are known to aggravate acne.
3. When one is stressed out, it could lead to acne, because cortisol, which is a stress hormone, can stimulate oil glands.
And this could in turn cause acne.
4. One’s diet can go a long way in ensuring that one stays healthy, and this can also act as a natural acne scar treatment. So preferably, one’s diet must be high on whole foods. And one should ideally keep a check on sugar consumption, and also on consumption of hydrogenated fats. This would help keep a check on acne.
5. On an acne outbreak, to overcome the condition, it is very important that one keeps the skin clean. For the same, one must use a mild cleanser at least twice a day. That’s once in the morning, and once before retiring for bed.
6. If one does suffer from acne, one must avoid touching the face excessively.
7. One may choose to use some over the counter medications to get over acne. These could be in form of topically applied gels, lotions and creams.
Getting over acne has never been easier!